Re: Year 7 Devices for 2023
Year 7 students in 2023 will be required to have a personal device purchased through the AGS Laptop Program. The cost of the laptop will be added to your ICT levy in full in 2023. The laptop then becomes the property of the family.
- New Year 8 students – ICT levy will be increased to same as Year 7
- New Year 9 students – to cover the full cost of the laptop
The levy includes:
- HP Probook x360 435 G7 Notebook
- AMD Ryzen 3 5400U, Screen 13.3″ FHD touch and Active Pen for handwriting
- Memory 8 GB DDR4-3200 SDRAM Hard Drive256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ SSD
- 2 AC Chargers (1 for home / 1 for school)
- Extended three-year manufacturer’s warranty for free parts replacement onsite at AGS on any parts that fail during normal operation and a 3 year capped price repair program: $150 capped fee for any repairs as a result of accidental damage (loan laptops will be available while device is being repaired)
- STM Ace Cargo Laptop Bag, required to use to transport their laptop at all times
- Technical support available to students daily through the AGS ICT Support Team
- Windows 11 and other software already installed, including Microsoft Office 365, Adobe, Creative Suite, Sophos Anti-Virus and other subject-specific software.
At Alphington Grammar, we take extensive measures to make our network a cyber-safe environment for students. Whilst students are at school we restrict access to unauthorised and inappropriate websites, however, we advise families to take the necessary steps at home to provide any web content restrictions on your home wifi if you would like restrictions to apply at home also. The HP Probook information has been included for your reference. Please contact Mr John Savopoulos if you have any queries in relation to this device; firstname.lastname@example.org