Employment at Alphington Grammar School is for individuals who are innovative, caring and passionate about what they do.
All applicants must be eligible to work in Australia.
Alphington Grammar School is a Child Safe organisation. All teaching staff must hold current registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT). All staff employed by Alphington Grammar School are required to have a current employee Working With Children Clearance. A volunteer clearance is not sufficient. To apply, or for more information, please visit www.workingwithchildren.vic.gov.au
Alphington Grammar School is currently seeking to fill the role of:
Science Laboratory Technician
The School is seeking to appoint a part time (0.6 – 3 days per week) Science Laboratory Technician to provide technical expertise to ensure the maintenance and effective operation of the School’s Science Preparation rooms and laboratories. This role will commence Term 1, 2023 and is term time only.
Administering the day-to-day operation of the school’s STEM Science Prep Rooms and Laboratories, including:
- Providing technical knowledge and support for the school’s STEM Faculty Maintenance, organization and inventory of stock, materials and equipment.
- Secure storage and deployment of hazardous substances and maintaining an updated register.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant Occupational Health and Safety requirements relating to the storage and use of STEM Faculty facilities, materials and equipment.
- Provision of equipment and materials as requested by teaching staff.
- Running trials of experiments prior to classes and then demonstrating techniques for experiments.
- Maintenance of STEM Faculty computer records.
- Monitoring, maintaining and repairing of Faculty equipment, either in-house or by liaising with repairers/suppliers.
- Liaising with the Head of STEM regarding the ordering, deployment, use and replacement of Faculty stock, materials and equipment.
- Other duties as determined by the Head of STEM.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in science laboratory technology or other related area
- Preferred experience as a school or teaching institution laboratory technician
- Experience and knowledge of current technologies
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Capacity to work efficiently and reliably without supervision but within agreed limits and in accordance with school policies and procedure
Suitably qualified and experienced professionals should apply providing a full CV and a letter of introduction outlining their relevant experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be addressed to the Principal, Dr Vivianne Nikou.
Applications close: 5.00pm Friday 2 December, 2022.
Instrumental Teacher – Brass
Alphington Grammar School is seeking an experienced and qualified Brass Teacher to join the talented team of professionals in its thriving Music Department.
The role will commence in Term 1 2023 and will involve approximately 0.5 days per week (trumpet, French horn and trombone), with potential for this to grow.
This is a casual position and term time only.
The ideal applicant will have:
- Suitable instrumental qualifications for the role
- demonstrated teacher experience with individuals and small groups
- ability to engage students from 6 – 18 years old
- capacity to teach beginners and advanced students
- experience in preparing students for music exams
- willingness to work within the school timetable
- passion and enthusiasm for teaching music to students
- ability to work in a team
- a current Working with Children Card or willingness to obtain one.
Please apply for this position enclosing a full Curriculum Vitae and cover letter outlining your relevant experience and including the names, addresses and contact details of three confidential referees.
Applications should be addressed to the Head of Music and Performing Arts, Ms Priya Wilson, and be emailed to email@example.com.
Applications will be processed in order of receipt.